Carr Manufacturing Company (CMC) offers customers in the electronics and electromechanical industries a multitude of certified, off-the-shelf and custom power supply solutions. Instead of the industry-standard offering of just one factory, CMC has full and direct access to over ten different power supply facilities around the world, which enables us to ensure customers receive the right power supply for their power needs.
Power Supply Products and Services
We offer the following standard power supply solutions:
- Wall mount adapters. Wall mount adapters—also referred to as wall warts—contain the plugs that connect to the power outlets. They often have a large profile that can block access to adjacent outlets unless extra space is added between outlets. We offer them in the following wattages: 5W, 18W, 27W, and 36W.
- Desktop adapters. Desktop adapters are a type of power adapter designed for use with desktop computers. They plug into power outlets and convert AC to DC voltage so computers can use the electricity. We offer them in the following wattages: 36W, 45W, 65W, and 90W.
- Open-frame power supplies. Open-frame power supplies are power supplies that consist of a populated printed circuit board (PCB) without an enclosure. The enclosure component of the end-equipment in which it is installed provides it with the necessary protection. We offer them in the following wattages: 5W to 450W.
- Enclosed-frame power supplies. Enclosed frame power supplies are power supplies that do have an enclosure. We offer them in 1U to 4U variations with the following wattages: 15W to 1,000W.
- Hot-swappable enclosed-frame power supplies. Hot-swappable power supplies are power supplies that can be removed and replaced without requiring the system in which they are installed to be shut or powered down. We offer them in enclosed, 1U to 4U variations with the following wattages: 15W to 1,000W.
- Switching power supplies for lighting. Switching power supplies—also known as switch-mode power supplies—employ pulse width modulation (PWM) to regulate output voltage. PVM can create high-frequency noise but generally enables power supplies to offer high power efficiency and employ a small form. We offer them in the following types: MR16, P30, and T8.
- LED constant current power supplies. We offer them in the following wattages: 75W to 320W. They are IP67 rated for outdoor use.
Each of these products can be customized to meet your unique power requirements and restrictions. Through our extensive network, we can provide the following value-added options:
- Voltage adjustment
- Connector and termination changes
- Specialty packaging
Certified Power Adapters
Power supply units (PSUs) play an essential role in a wide range of electronic and electromechanical devices. For this reason, it is important to choose the right one for a given application. Otherwise, there is a risk of the component malfunctioning or underperforming, which can lead to equipment running inefficiently and become unreliable or unsafe.
Some of the factors to consider when selecting a power supply include maximum wattage requirements, efficiency ratings, and cabling. Additionally, it is to your benefit to partner with a reputable power supply manufacturer that offers decent support services and warranty programs. In doing so, you are more likely to receive a quality product and, if something goes wrong with your PSU, assistance resolving the issue or replacing the component.
At Carr Manufacturing Company, we are committed to providing customers with the right power supply for their power needs. Our off-the-shelf products are listed/certified to a variety of standards, including:
Quality Power Supply Solutions at Carr Manufacturing
Looking for a quality power supply for your power application? Turn to the experts at Carr Manufacturing.
Whether you need a slight alteration or a complete and customized solution, all of our factories have engineers on staff, ready to help with your PSU design. We can apply standard and custom output connectors to your supply. Our access to US-based molders enables us to change output connections without sending units back to Asia should you need to modify one of our off-the-shelf products. Let us know your form factor, input/output ratings, and safety requirements. We will be happy to provide a quick, professional quote!
To learn more about our power supplies or other product solutions and how they can benefit you, check out our blog or contact our team today. To discuss your product requirements with one of our experts, request a quote.